Position: Police Officer (To establish an eligibility list for future vacancies.)
Department: Police Department
Description of Duties: The purpose of the Police Officer is to provide residents and visitors of the City of Marshfield with the highest level of protection and service through the enforcement of municipal, state and federal law. Duties include:
1) Patrols the City in search of violations, protects property against theft or loss and responds to calls for
2) Investigates complaints, accidents and thefts; Interviews victims, suspects and witnesses.
3) Completes reports; compiles factual data, evidence and interviews.
4) Appears and testifies in court.
5) Interacts with the public through presentations, programs, and self-initiated enforcement activities.
6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: U.S citizen; Minimum age-18; Valid driver’s license; No felony or domestic abuse convictions; must be certifiable by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standard Board and have a minimum of 60 college credits prior to offer to hire; ability to pass all tests including; written, scenario based, physical, psychological, and a thorough background investigation.
Compensation: Click here for the 2018-2020 compensation schedule. Potential lateral transfer incentives for candidates with full time law enforcement experience.
Police Union Contract: Click here to view their current Police Union Contract
Residency: The City of Marshfield does not have a residency requirement
Application Instructions: Please submit resume, City of Marshfield Application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and Veterans Preference Supplement. The Wisconsin Department of Justice DJ-LE-330 will be accepted. Apply at http://ci.marshfield.wi.us or contact Human Resources Office, City of Marshfield, 207 W. 6th St., Marshfield, WI 54449-0727. Phone: (715) 387-6597; e-mail email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer.
Union: Wisconsin Professional Police Association
Notification and Testing Date: Please note that applicants who list an e-mail address will be contacted via e-mail. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis.