The City Clerk directs and coordinates the activities of a number of functions including maintenance of public records and archives, elections, licensing, legal notices, all meeting procedures, and minutes. The City Clerk is subject to the general direction of the City Administrator and supervises and evaluates a Deputy Clerk, administrative Assistant and trains and coordinates a staff of election poll workers.
- Administers all phases of the election process including staffing the polls, voter registration, absentee voting, preparation of legal notices, preparation of ballots, and the Board of Canvass
- Arranges for the timely publications of all legal notices
- Attends Common Council, Plan Commission, and various committees, commissions, and boards, preparing agendas and maintaining an official record of the proceedings Maintains public records and ensures that they are properly preserved, filed, and disposed of in accordance with the ordinances of the City of Marshfield
- Maintains public records and ensures that they are properly preserved, filed, and disposed of in accordance with the ordinances of the City of Marshfield and WI State Statutes
- Processes all licensing applications and maintains the official records of all licenses, permits, and bonds
- Processes annexations / attachments to the city
- Serves as official secretary to the Board of Review