City Government Updates
City Hall is currently open tp the public Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to noon. We have hand sanitizer before you enter the customer service area.
The City accepts credit/debit card or e-check payments for municipal court fees, recreation fees, park facility rentals, library fees and real estate taxes.
- For more information on the appeal process, review the Property Assessment Appeal Guide for Wisconsin Real Property Owners can be found at www.revenue.wi.gov by searching for the keywords “Assessment Appeal” or contacting the Department of Revenue, Office of Technical and Assessment Services, Box 8971, Madison WI 53708-8971
- If you have questions please reach out to the Assessor's Office at 715-384-3856 or e-mail at Keith.Pugh@ci.marshfield.wi.us
- A map of the cemetery is hanging outside the office door for reference if needed.
- Need to change your address, name, or are a you a new Wisconsin Voter? You can register to vote online Click here to register to vote. To register to vote online, you will need a current WI driver license or WI state ID card, otherwise, you will need to mail in your form. Need to update your address with DMV? You can update your DMV address here and then come back to MyVote to register to vote.
- If you do not have a current Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin State ID card you will still be able to use MyVote to start your voter registration. You will be able to complete your registration form on this site, then you will then need to print, sign, and mail or deliver your form to your municipal clerk along with a proof of residence document. Register to vote online, here.
- Information about COVID-19 is being compiled by the communications staff and available on the following platforms: City website, City Facebook Page and Marshfield Broadcasting platforms. If you have information that is of public interest please reach out at 715-207-0379 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Communications Director manages the Marshfield Broadcasting MFLD-TV platforms 989, 990 and 991 on Charter Spectrum. Please reach out if you would like to have a program of local interest regarding COVID, 19, please reach outl For more information please visit mfldtv.com
- In an effort to reduce foot traffic at this time, we encourage those needing services or for those that have questions related to building permits (including permit fees), inspections, fence permits, sign permits, zoning, planning, or economic development, to contact us at 715-486-2016 or Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The public can apply for a zoning or building permit, here. and following the steps outlined in the website.
- Most forms can be filled out online or can be printed and mailed to: City of Marshfield, Attn: Development Services, 207 W 6th St, Marshfield, WI 54449 or emailed to email@example.com.
- If you know your payment amount, please mail your payment to: City of Marshfield, Attn: Development Services, 207 W 6th St, Marshfield, WI 54449 or contact 715-486-2016 to find out the amount due and to make arrangements for payments.
- Inspections will continue as normal as this time. Inspections may still be scheduled by calling 715-486-2016.
The Engineering Division of the Public Works Department is responsible for planning, budgeting, design and coordination of all public construction and maintenance projects. If you need additional info please visit this page.
Fire and Rescue Department:
- The entry window in the first set of doors of the public entrance is open normal business hours, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or call 715-486-2094
- The Department is allowing limited public education events including station tours and all routine fire inspections
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Library will continue to offer drive-through pick up and return service on the Cedar Street side of the building. We encourage you to use this service and/or call our information desks with questions to help reduce the number of people in the building.
- Library hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday closed. Drive-up service will also be available during those hours.
- In addition, the Library will also be re-opening its meeting rooms at reduced occupancy for public reservations beginning June 1st.
- Adler Room: 15 occupants
- Frankland Room: 2 occupants
- Felker Room (shared with researchers): 7 occupants
- Mork, Marshfield Furniture, BeeBee Rooms: 2 occupants
Meeting reservations can be made online at https://marshfieldlibrary.evanced.info/spaces/ or by calling the Library at 715-387-8494.
Library visitors will no longer be required to wear face masks to enter the building, however good COVID-19 practices, including social distancing, frequent hand-washing, and wearing facial covering are encouraged.
Temporary Plexiglas barriers will be used by the judge.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for the public’s use.
- The lobby to the Police Department is currently open normal business hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- The outer lobby is always open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pick up the wall phone and Wood County Dispatch will answer the call.
- A dropbox for fines and tickets are located in the outer lobby.
- Currently there are no changes to garbage and recycling curbside pickup. The bulk delivery weigh station is open but you must pay via credit card and no checks or cash will be accepted. If you have any questions please call 715-502-3560.
- Curbside pickup of large items is available again. Please call the office (715-502-3560) to get a date when items would be picked up.
- Our office at 407 W 2nd Street is open to the public. Delivers to the stock room are also being done.