OFFICE HOURS ARE 7:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M. MONDAY - FRIDAY.
CONTACT Hillside Cemetery BY PHONE AT 715-486-2098
Office address: Mailing address:
1110 N St. Joseph Ave 211 E 2nd St
Marshfield, WI 54449 Marshfield, WI 54449
1. Cemetery decorating and clean-up dates:
• Spring/Summer Decorations
April 11th and must not cause an obstruction for maintenance.
September 30th – Decorations must be removed by September 30th for fall clean-up.
• Fall/Winter Decorations
October 11th - Decorations may be placed on or in line with (to the side of) headstones starting
October 11th and must not cause an obstruction for maintenance.
March 30th – Decorations must be removed by March 30th for spring clean-up.
2. Staff will discard all remaining decorations after designated dates above.
3. Anything other than monument-mounted vases, grave saddles or items affixed to the headstone are considered a decoration and must be removed for the fall/winter decoration season.
4. No solar lights, shepherd hooks, loose trinkets, etc. are allowed during fall/winter decoration season.
5. Veteran medallions/flag holders are allowed at all times. Tattered, torn or soiled flags must be repaired, replaced or removed.
6. No decorations may be left on or in the ground around the mausoleums or columbaria.
7. Statues will be permitted in line with (to the side of) headstones as long as they are placed on a concrete foundation and not encroaching on neighboring spaces.
8. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
• Glass, marbles, stones, rocks, beads, balls, gravel or anything that could become a projectile.
• Barbed wire or any other items that may cause injury to staff/visitors or damage equipment.
• Fencing or edging of any kind.
• Arborvitae, hedges or other plantings.
Maintenance to existing trees and shrubs is the responsibility of the lot holder. Items that are neglected, overgrown, dead or a hazard may be removed by staff without notice.
9. Cemetery must authorize all interments.
10. Cemetery will not be responsible or liable for any lost or stolen items or damage to property.
11. If any items/decorations are of great monetary or emotional value, please protect those items in a safe place outside of the cemetery where they cannot be lost, stolen, damaged or removed for any reason.
12. A cemetery deed grants only burial rights, not the ownership of land or structures. The ownership of all cemetery land and structures remains with the cemetery.
Cemetery reserves the right to remove any items that don’t comply with rules.
PLEASE check with staff if you are unsure.
MISSION STATEMENTThe mission of the Hillside Cemetery is to assist with interments; provide care and maintenance of the grounds and equipment; maintain accurate records; and serve as a resource for individuals seeking locations of burial sites of loved ones. The Cemetery also strives to continue to look for ways to narrow the gap between operating revenues and expenditures to minimize the property tax subsidy for operations.
Hillside Cemetery assists with interments; provide care and maintenance of the grounds and equipment; maintain accurate records; and serve as a resource for individuals seeking locations of burial sites of loved ones. The Cemetery also strives to continue to look for ways to narrow the gap between operating revenues and expenditures to minimize the property tax subsidy for operations.
- Digs graves as requested and authorized
- Levels sites and brings grounds back to original condition as soon as possible
- Niche and crypt entombments
Provides Care and Maintenance of Grounds/Equipment
- Mows lawns; removes snow on roads and sidewalks
- Re-sods and/or re-seeds as needed to maintain an attractive grace cover
- Prunes trees and trims shrubs as needed
- Maintains machinery
- Keeps an accurate record of sites sold or available for sale
- Shows and sells sites to prospective buyers
- Records and plats interments
- Provides information to individuals on locations of interments