Citizens Police Academy
The Marshfield Police Department has revamped its citizen’s police academy program. We will be holding classes on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for six (6) consecutive weeks normally starting in April. Class size is limited to 17 adults.
The above objectives are met with the use of hands-on interactive experiences in areas such as crime scene investigations; SWAT tactics; utilization of police department firearms at the police range; and observe firsthand how the K-9 unit performs its duties.
- The goals of the citizens’ police academy are:
- To provide citizens a working knowledge of law enforcement operations, including support staff.
- To strengthen law enforcement/community relations.
- To obtain valued feedback from the community through citizen participation.
- To increase citizen knowledge about police functions and enhance employee’s instructor training.