Board of Public Works
The Board of Public Works shall be composed of five alderpersons, who are not also serving on the finance, budget and personnel committee. It shall be the duty of the board, under the direction of the council, to superintend all public works and keep the streets, alleys, sewers and public works and places in repair. The board of public works shall perform the duties prescribed, as applicable, in § 62.14 Wis. Stats. and shall in addition recommend all actions necessary or proper in connection with the management, supervision, improvement and operation of the city cemetery, including a schedule of charges to be made for lots therein. The committee shall make such additional regulations for the government and operation of portions thereof and the care of graves, both annual and perpetual, as the committee deems advisable and necessary. Such regulations, after approval by the council and publication in the official newspaper, shall have the force of law.
Regular Meeting Start Time & Location
- Start Time: Regularly schedule Board of Public Works Committee meeting occur at 5:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of the month.
- Location: Marshfield City Hall, 207 W. 6th, Marshfield WI., 54449
- Board of Public Works members are appointed by the Mayor in staggered term
- Alderperson is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Council to a one year term.
- Members are appointed in April.
- The director of public works or his designee shall act as nonvoting secretary.