ZONING AND DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
Reviews and approval procedures vary depending on the type of request; however, procedures within the Zoning Code (Chapter 18) generally adhere to 3 common elements.
- Submit an Application, including fee payment and appropriate supplemental information. Click here to review the Fee Schedule.
- Review by appropriate City staff and/or officials.
- Action by appropriate City officials or staff to approve, conditionally approve, or deny the request
Click here to see the table of the review and approval activities and bodies found in the Zoning Code.
The City of Marshfield Municipal Code constitutes a recodification of the general and permanent ordinances of the City of Marshfield, Wisconsin.
Although there are many sections and chapter of the Municipal Code, the Zoning Division of the Development Services Department primarily focuses on the following three Chapters:
- General Zoning Ordinance (Chapter 18)
- Sign Code (Chapter 24)
- Subdivision and Platting Ordinance (Chapter 19)
Development review is implemented under municipal authority to promote the public health, safety, and welfare. More specifically, development review is intended to enhance the aesthetic environment and ensure that larger development projects are compatible with neighboring properties and existing development elsewhere in the City of Marshfield. To see more about the development review process click here.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category